Rhythm Renewal Daylong Retreat with Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR in Berkeley
Saturday February 2, 2019
Gamelan Sekar Jaya, 3023 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94705
When was the last time you took a day just for yourself, to awaken your creative spirit & soothe your restless soul?
Acclaimed Drummm Facilitator & Art Therapist Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR will take us on a journey through rhythm, art-making and writing that will inspire & rejuvenate.
Find your flow, set your purpose, take a digital detox, refresh your mind & body. We will drum, collage, write and play to reset, renew, recharge & reboot! Unleash your potential that lay just beneath the surface.
- Wake up your senses and soothe your soul with Group Empowerment Drumming
- Get your creative juices flowing with a Vision Mandala Collage
- Journal to the heart of your inspiration and find your Power Words
- Experience liberation, self-expression and connection through dynamic and supportive Group Process
- Enjoy a delicious, nourishing chef-made Lunch
You will leave feeling refreshed, nurtured & alive. No prior musical or artistic experience is necessary to participate fully.
Renowned Chef Peter Brightman (Chef du Cuisine at the Claremont Hotel & Spa) will excite our taste buds with vegetarian Middle Eastern Delights – eggplant moussaka, falafel, baba ganoush, hummus, muhammara (red pepper spread), pita bread, saffron rice, green salad with citrus-cumin vinaigrette, fresh organic fruit, pomegranate-lime infused water. YUMMM!!!
What is provided:
- Drums and percussion instruments (or you may bring your own)
- Collage materials (feel free to bring your own personal images)
- Lined composition notebook and pens/pencils (or bring your own journal or notebook)
- Home-cooked vegetarian lunch by chef Peter Brightman made from local, organic, sustainable ingredients (vegan/GF options available)
What to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothes you can move and relax in
- A blanket, pillow, anything to allow for maximum comfort
- Water bottle
- An open heart and mind
Cost is $125. Space is limited. To register, please send payment through PayPal “friends & family” option to email@example.com or mail a check to Jeni Swerdlow, 1414 Liberty St, El Cerrito, CA 94530. Registration will close on Wednesday January 30 – payment must be received by 1/30 at midnight.
SPECIAL OFFER – Sign up with a friend and lunch is on me. Pay just $200 for two people – a savings of $50!
About the Facilitator:
DRUMMM Rhythmic Events Founder & Chief Rhythm Activator, Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR is a dynamic and engaging Facilitator, Trainer, Presenter & Performer with a passion for drumming and a mission to help build connections through rhythm. Founding DRUMMM® in 2000, her popular facilitated drum circles and interactive rhythm events engage 10,000 participants a year at a variety of events in the U.S. and abroad.
Jeni is a REMO-Endorsed Drum Circle Facilitator, Certified Village Music Circles Facilitator, trained HealthRHYTHMS & Rhythm2Recovery Facilitator, Registered Art Therapist (ATR), Faculty Member at Women Drummers International, and professional member of the Drum Circle Facilitators Guild.
Jeni is best known for her innovative strategies and playful attitude that inspire participants to find their rhythm with ease. Clients include Google, Facebook, eBay, Oprah Winfrey and Stanford Medicine plus hundreds of companies, conferences, festivals, schools, community organizations and more.