UNIVERSAL DRUMMING with Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR
4-session Class Series
Saturdays @ 4:15-5:45pm
Ashkenaz Music + Dance Center, 1317 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley CA.
SESSION 1: 9/12, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10. Includes FREE entry into TWO monthly “3rd Saturdays” East Bay Drummm Circles on 9/19 and 10/17 (same place and time as the class).
SESSION 2: 11/7, 11/14, 12/5, 12/12. Includes FREE entry into TWO monthly “3rd Saturdays” East Bay Drummm Circles on 11/21 and 12/9 (same place and time as the class). SAVE $10 WHEN YOU REGISTER BY OCTOBER 30TH!
Back by popular demand! Whether you are new to the drum or ready to take your skills to the next level, this fun, upbeat class will break it down and help you build it back up! DRUMMM® founder Jeni Swerdlow will show you clear, effective ways to:
- Make a range of sounds on your drum.
- Learn fundamental, universal rhythms that are found across many cultures and styles of music.
- Find and play on, off, and around the beat.
- Develop skills for listening and creating a dynamic musical “conversation.”
- Express your own authentic “voice” on the drum.
What students say about the Universal Drumming class:
- Jeni’s enthusiasm is infectious. She is an excellent teacher with patience and great drumming skills. Best of all each class is FUN FUN FUN!
- I have been playing djembe for 15 years and Jeni still helps me refine my individual and group techniques while connecting with the joy and musicality of drumming together. I highly recommend her class for all levels.
- I love love love Jeni’s DRUMMM class – It’s a fun and gentle way to learn something new and different. I look forward to it every week.
- Jeni is skillful at challenging the beginning drummer as well as the more advanced drummer. It is fun to keep building on what we have learned!
Cost: Just $119 for all 4 sessions, plus FREE entry into Monthly “3rd Saturdays” Drummm Circles! Same place and time as the drumming class.
Contact Jeni Swerdlow at email@example.com to register.
Bring a djembe (or similar hand drum), dunun (or similar stick/bass drum) if you have one. Drums are available for use during class for an additional fee. Contact Jeni Swerdlow for details.
About Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR
San Francisco Bay Area percussionist and registered art therapist Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR is a dynamic and engaging facilitator, educator, presenter, and performer. Founding DRUMMM Rhythmic Events in 2000, her interactive, “hands-on” group drumming programs have engaged many thousands of participants at a wide variety of events in the U.S. and abroad. She is a REMO endorsed drum circle facilitator, trained HealthRHYTHMS facilitator, and lifelong student of West African drumming and world percussion. Swerdlow is best known for her innovative strategies and playful attitude that foster teambuilding, support wellness, enhance celebrations, and strengthen community for event participants of all ages and backgrounds.