It’s April 2020 and practically the whole world is practicing some form of quarantine in the wake of COVID19. At DRUMMM Rhythmic Events we care about your health and wellbeing. Staying home can be lonely and isolating. News and social media can instill fear and anxiety.
That’s why we’ve created these 3 new online DRUMMM programs that you can participate in right from your living room on your laptop, tablet or phone. Drumming provides a welcome relief from our current situation. Open to everyone, you’ll discover that rhythm is a powerful tool for connection, expression and self-care.
Experience first-hand how drumming boosts your immune system, lowers stress and improves mood as we connect online with our global community. Not only is it fun, it’s downright liberating!
- Restorative Rhythms – Drumming for Release, Renewal & Resilience! 4 Weekly Online Sessions
Thursdays April 9, 16, 23, 30
6 – 7 PM PST / 9 – 10 PM EST
Featuring live drumming – practice creative ways to find your rhythm using drums, body percussion, vocals, movement, sound meditation and more. We’ll gather and connect, express and restore. Let’s remember who we truly are. Rise and SHINE! I’M READY!
- Universal Drumming World Rhythms – 4 Weekly Online Sessions
Sundays April 5, 12, 19, 26
11 AM – 12 PM PST / 2 – 3 PM EST
Drummers & the “drum-curious” are invited to come together through universal rhythms & global grooves. Travel around the world learning first-hand about music & culture through the beat of the drums. We’ll focus on a different region each week to keep you grounded and grooving. Open to ALL levels, you’ll discover how to make your drum sing & your spirit soar! Beginning-beginners are especially encouraged, even if you think you are “rhythmically challenged”. SIGN ME UP!
- Family Drummm Jam – 4 Weekly Online Sessions The family that plays together stays together – fun for all ages! Grab your drums or “found sounds” and join in a music-making adventure. Learn and practice creating rhythms using drums, body percussion, vocals and movement. We’ll explore a new theme each week. This program is temporarily on hold, stay tuned for upcoming dates and times…
All Sessions Feature:
- Live weekly online Zoom sessions that you can access from your computer, tablet or phone
- Facilitated rhythms that will connect, inspire and soothe you during your stay at home
- Playing made easy for everyone – no prior drumming experience is necessary. Grab a drum or shaker – or get creative with “found sounds” from your home. Got a pot and spoon, plastic bin, yoga ball or prescription bottle? You’ve found your new drum!
- Online Meet & Greet 15 minutes prior to each session. Get to know your community!
- Recordings of sessions will be made available for future viewing
Choose Your Adventure – Cost for the 4-session series (4 Options):
- Regular price is $59 for those who can afford it
- Donate what you can if you’ve lost your job/income due to COVID-19
- Level Up – Choose to pay a little extra to help out others who can’t pay
- Drop-In – Not ready to commit? Try out a single session
Meet your Facilitator:
DRUMMM Rhythmic Events Founder & Chief Rhythm Activator, Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR is a dynamic and engaging Facilitator, Trainer, Presenter & Performer with a passion for drumming and a mission to help build connections through rhythm. Founding DRUMMM® Rhythmic Events in 2000, her popular facilitated drum circles and interactive rhythm events engage 10,000 participants a year at a variety of events in the U.S. and abroad.
Jeni is a REMO-Endorsed Drum Circle Facilitator, Certified Village Music Circles Global Trainer, trained HealthRHYTHMS & Rhythm2Recovery Facilitator, Registered Art Therapist (ATR), Faculty Member at California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) and Women Drummers International, and professional member of the Drum Circle Facilitators Guild.
Contact Jeni Swerdlow – email@example.com or 510-316-2850