Calling all drummers & the “drum-curious”! Learn first-hand about music & culture through drumming.
- Play rhythms from around the world and learn about the origins and meaning behind the music.
- Open to ALL levels, you’ll discover how to make your drum sing & your spirit soar!
- Beginning-beginners are especially encouraged, even if you think you are “rhythmically challenged”.
- Lower stress, boost the immune system, activate the brain and brighten your mood as you develop technique, coordination and musicality.
- Reconnect with your body, mind and community in a safe, supportive environment. You’ll leave class feeling empowered and in the flow!
Class meets on Zoom: Sundays 4/25 – 6/6 @ 11am-12:15pm Pacific time (PDT – Western US/Canada) – no class on 5/30.
What to play? Grab a djembe or similar hand drum – or get creative with “found sounds” from your home. Got a table, bucket, plastic bin, or yoga ball? You’ve found your new drum!