UNIVERSAL DRUMMING CLASS with Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR
Winter 2017 – 3-Session “Mini-Series”
Sundays 1/22, 1/29, 2/5 @ 1:15 – 2:45 P.M.
New Location – BrasArte Cultural Center, 1901 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA
Are you ready for a rhythm tune-up? Drummers & the drum-curious are invited to come together through universal rhythms & global grooves with DRUMMM Rhythmic Events founder Jeni Swerdlow. Open to all levels & styles, you’ll learn how to make your drum sing & your spirit soar!
Learn clear, effective ways to:
– Find the “sweet spots” on your drum to make it “sing”.
– Learn FUNdamental, universal rhythms that are found across many cultures and styles of music.
– Play orchestrated arrangements together with others in a rhythm ensemble.
– Develop skills for listening and creating dynamic musical “conversations.”
– Express your own authentic “voice” on the drum.
What students say about the Universal Drumming class:
- “Jeni’s enthusiasm is infectious. She is an excellent teacher with patience and great drumming skills. Best of all each class is FUN FUN FUN!”
- “Jeni is skillful at challenging the beginning drummer as well as the more advanced drummer. It is fun to keep building on what we have learned!”
- “I have been playing djembe for 15 years and Jeni still helps me refine my individual and group techniques while connecting with the joy and musicality of drumming together. I highly recommend her class for all levels.”
Cost: $85 for all 3 sessions. Space is limited. EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: ONLY $75 WHEN YOU REGISTER BY 12/31/16!
Bring a djembe (or similar hand drum), dunun (or similar stick/bass drum) if you have one. Drums are available for use during class for an additional $5 per session. Contact Jeni Swerdlow at email@example.com for details.
About Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR
San Francisco Bay Area percussionist and registered art therapist Jeni Swerdlow, MA-ATR is a dynamic and engaging facilitator, educator, presenter, and performer. Founding DRUMMM Rhythmic Events in 2000, her interactive, “hands-on” group drumming programs have engaged many thousands of participants at a wide variety of events in the U.S. and abroad. She is a REMO endorsed drum circle facilitator, certified Village Music Circles facilitator, and trained HealthRHYTHMS facilitator. Swerdlow is best known for her innovative strategies and playful attitude that foster team-building, support wellness, enhance celebrations, and strengthen community for event participants of all ages and backgrounds.